Saturday, June 2, 2012

June 1

Hey everyone! Sorry for a late post. Life got busy last night. Here is my first post about June 1.

June 1 we got our boxes around 4:15pm Central Time but didn't wait that long to start studying. I woke up around 7am and was really hoping the materials would be on the website. Sadly, they weren't. I went browsing around the internet where I found out the book we were studying was 2 Timothy (almost wrote 1 Peter. :) Did I ever tell you how much I enjoyed studying 1 Peter last year?). I got right to work reading the whole book.

After that, I found the iPhone app in the App Store and saw that the verses were already on there, so we bought it, and I started studying. I am trying a new approach to studying this year. Instead of going in Bible Bee's order or in traditional order (Bible Bee's order in the past), I am starting with the longest passage and ending with the shortest passage. This is one of the tips I learned from Daniel Staddon's book, "The $100,000 Word". I really think this will work really well for me as I tend to be really enthusiastic about memorizing in the beginning of Bible Bee, and end up really discouraged and not wanting to do as much towards the final stretch.

The first verse I got to working on was Ephesians 6:10-18. I was told this was a previous verse, but since I only memorized 150 out of 800 last year, and even less the two years before, I had not memorized this one. I am not done memorizing it, but have become so familiar with it that I only need about 5 or 7 helps at the beginning of verses, and my Mom only had to correct words a few times. The most trouble I'm having is that I keep saying "full armour of God" instead of "whole armour of God" (Yes, I'm memorizing in King James).

Then the materials were released on www.biblebee.org. I was ecstatic! Now I could start doing the Sword Study as the first week was released as a PDF on the website. I didn't print it out as there wasn't a whole lot of writing to do. I decided just to get a pen and notebook paper, and write it out there for the time being. I finished my Sword Study for Week 1, Day 1, and decided to work on Ephesians 6:10-18 some more.

The box came, and the whole house was excited! Five out of six of us are enrolled in the Bible Bee, the four year old being too young. She really enjoyed being a Supporting Sibling last year, and was really sad that nothing came for her this year. We do remember ordering and extra T-Shirt for her, but the site wasn't cooperating the days before, so maybe it just never really ended up in our cart. We quickly gave her my Senior pin (I don't use them), promised to get her a shirt, and she was happy after that.

That was pretty much my first 2012 Bible Bee day. June 2 update coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment