Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 4

NOTE: This post was written last night, but our internet wasn't working, so I am posting it today.



Today I woke up and just started quoting Ephesians 6:10-18, trying to perfect it. I said it a bunch of times to my mom and three younger sisters. After about 15 minutes of saying it to them, I finally got it! Ephesians 6:10-18 ~ CHECK! I was so happy! 

Ephesians 6:10-18
"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;"


Well, I am leaving for camp on Thursday, so I decided to tidy up my room and start to pack. While I did that, I listened to the Musical Scriptures CD playing the next longest verse, Ezekiel 36:23-27 through my radio. I had it on repeat, so it must have circled about 20-30 times. I am now familiar with it, but don't have it memorized yet.

Then I decided to do my Sword Study before I have to run out for the evening. I finished Week 1, Day 4, and learned all about the time period the book of 2 Timothy was written. Did you know 2 Timothy was the last book Paul ever wrote? Shortly after he wrote it, he was martyred. I'm sure this book held high significance to Timothy. I can't imagine having someone you know die for the name of Jesus. Thankfully, that's not something we have to worry too much about living in America. Let's pray that it stays that way. 

I also didn't realize how terrible Paul's prison was. I knew it wasn't our cushy prisons we have today, but I didn't realize he was being kept in a prison for the worst of criminals in that day, just basically a hole in the ground. It was never dry, and never warm. But throughout Paul's letters you see that he was glad to suffer for the name of Christ. How many of us would be willing to do the same?

Remember how I was saying a couple days ago that I didn't know where Tarsus was? Well, I found a map in my Sword Study. 


From here you can see Rome (where Paul was in prison), Ephesus (where Timothy lived), and Tarsus (where Paul was from).

At the end of the Sword Study, they had a quote that I've heard before, but I love so much, especially since my Bible is falling apart from my study of 1 Peter last summer. ;)

"A well-worn Bible is a sign of a well-fed soul, and a Bible that's falling apart usually belongs to someone whose life isn't!" ~ Anonymous

Right now I am working on memorizing Ezekiel 36:23-27 some more. 

Ezekiel 36:23-27
"And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stoney heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them."

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Sarah! I got here from Talia's blog...so glad to see someone else {online} who is doing the BB! ;) This is my 4th year in the BB, but I'm still a Junior because I'm turning 15 on the 16th - last year being a Junior! :) Anyway, I'll definitely be following along with you!

    ReplyDelete